Bcomplex with folic acid

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Allie 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author

Marie

How dangerous is it to use a B complex with Folic along with mb12 and methylfolate?? I am compound hetero.

August 23, 2012 at 3:56 am #3250

Allie

I know the folic acid is supposed to get to the receptors first and block them. This is one of my own frustrations too, as I’ve weeded out folic acid and cyanoB12 from everything except the magnesium supplement but can’t find one of those without (in Australia). So, probably not dangerous so much as ineffective, and cancelling out some at least of the good that the methylfolate would be doing for you without it.

August 23, 2012 at 4:31 pm #3252

Caledonia

Thorne Labs B Complex doesn’t have folic acid. Same with their multivitamin.

August 24, 2012 at 3:10 am #3254

Allie

I believe that’s the one where I ploughed my way through the small print of every version of them, and found they all contain niacin – which I understand uses up methyl groups – so didn’t buy. Would love to know how much that one matters, too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply To: Bcomplex with folic acid
Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Comments are closed.