Factor V Leiden and MTHFR

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jessica 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Zack

Does anyone have both of these?

I am compound heterogeneous and I have Factor V. My question is….

With MTHFR you want to get as much natural folate as possible right? Leafy greens, etc.

But with Leiden Factor V, green leafy vegetable (as well as other foods) can thicken your blood and be avoided.

We eat very healthy and we juice. So I am confused on this matter. Any suggestions?

Also are there any things I should know since I do have both (things to avoid, things to do?)

Thanks!

#407371 Reply

Jessica

I also have Factor V Leiden and MTHFR. The best advice I have gotten is to avoid processed foods (especially those enriched with folic acid and such) and to keep my diet consistent. I want to ensure I get enough natural folate each day so I eat one good sized (a full salad plate) of greens a day. By keeping the amount consistent, I have found a happy level and my blood tests stay at a consistent number as well. I usually eat romaine lettuce, but if I have darker greens such as spinach, I cut back a bit since the darker leaves have more folate in them (I think). I have seen multiple doctors and all of them have different recommendations; but I have not found a doctor who specializes in MTHFR or FVL or even has more than a little bit of knowledge of it. I’m not sure if this helps, but hopefully!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Factor V Leiden and MTHFR
Your information:

Comments are closed.