HELP!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MaryS 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author

Deana

I’m so confused and don’t know where to begin. I’m a 37 year old female. I have had thalassemia (mediterranean anemia) my whole life. I was diagnosed with PCOS in my twenties. Suffered one miscarriage and now have 4 children. I have managed to keep my PCOS in check with diet and exercise. I recently had my gynocologist do a host of blood work on me to help try and figure out why my hair is falling out so much and why I am suffering from a horrible rash around my mouth that burns, itches and flakes for the last 2 years. All my blood work came back great except for the fact that we found out I am compound heterozygous for MTHR gene mutation C677T AND A1298C. I have been online reading for days and feel like I am going in circles. Just want to know a good place to at least get started. I cannot afford to spend money on the wrong supplements and my blood doctor acted as if all I need to do is take some folic acid and I would be fine. Feeling very frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

January 3, 2013 at 3:54 am #5913

MaryS

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage but you are truly blessed to have 4 children with PCOS, an inherited type of anemia, and MTHFR.

I don’t know much about the 1298 mutation but I would definately not take any folic acid. That is the synthetic form of folate and not good for any of us with MTHFR issues. You need folate or methyl folate. It took me a while to even be able to tolerate it and can finally take 600 mcg in a multivitamin. The other thing I would suggest is biotin. I have also had some issues with thinning hair and rashes and it seems to be helping. Google “biotin defincency” and you will find both of these symptoms on the list. Maybe a good multi vitamin with methyl b12 and methyl folate would help.

MJ

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Reply To: HELP!
Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Comments are closed.