Homozygous c677t and vitamin k

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dolores Seames 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Julie

Hello. I am recently diagnosed homozygous c677t and am wondering if someone can explain the risks of vitamin k for those of us with this mutation. I am vitamin d deficient and, per Dr. Mercola’a recommendation, have been taking vitamin D3 in conjunction with vitamin k (according to Mercola, vitamin D without the k can lead to atherosclerosis and subsequent heart attack/stroke.) I was told by another doctor, though, that vitamin k is a big no-no for homozygous C677t because it’s a blood coagulant, but I am fearful of taking D without the K for the reasons Dr. mercola states on his website. I am taking one 325 mg aspirin each day to try and counter this problem/risk, but I don’t know that this iprotocol is safe. I have yet to find a doctor in Phx who truly understands MTHFR. Any suggestions? PS: I am currently taking Dr. Lynch’s ‘Seeking Health’ brand of methylated b vitamins.

#6397 Reply

lisa

Interesting. Not sure, but there is a lot of info about coumadin and vitamin K . So knowing that K is a coagulant then as indicated, one could extrapolate that K might not be good for homozygous c677…

#6614 Reply

Sara

I would really like to know this too. If anyone out there has any info please comment. I was getting bad migraines while taking vit K which scared me away from it. I am homo 677.

#6759 Reply

Dolores Seames

Good question. I did find out that taking high vit. d can cause a deficiency of other fat soluble vitamins, which would be both vit. A and K. If you are on face book go to MTHFR support and ask there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Homozygous c677t and vitamin k
Your information:

Comments are closed.