What vitamins to take?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stewart 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author

Morgan

Hi –

I think it’s very likely I have the MTHFR, for multiple reasons (otherwise healthy but a homocysteine of 15; full Ashkenazi Jewish; etc) and I’d like to take some vitamins or over-the-counter supplements to help me out. What do you recommend? Some people say B-complex, but then some sources are saying that not all B-vitamins are equal, but we need certain forms of the B vitamins. Is there a B-complex especially for people with the MTHFR? Thanks!

morgan

February 15, 2012 at 8:12 am #859

Dr Lynch
    Key Master

Hi Morgan –

A high homocysteine and Jewish are key indicators for MTHFR C677T.

I recommend you consider taking a multivitamin with methylfolate – Optimal Multivitamin has the full blend of active B vitamins in their best forms along with the most absorbable forms of minerals.

Consider taking 3 capsules with breakfast and 3 capsules with lunch.

In order to get your homocysteine down effectively and quickly, consider taking HomocysteX Plus.

Start with 1 capsule before breakfast and see how you feel on this amount for 1 week.

If feeling good, increase to 1 capsule before breakfast and 1 more capsule before lunch.

If feeling better, consider increasing to 2 capsules before breakfast and 1 capsule before lunch – total of 3 capsules. Try this for a week.

If you feel good on those amounts, stay on them.

If you begin feeling symptoms of headaches, muscle aches, irritability, insomnia, then stop taking HomocysteX Plus for 2 weeks. Then go back on it to the amount you found you tolerated well.

Consider taking 1 capsule of Optimal Vitamin E to protect your cardiovascular system from the damaging effects of homocysteine.

December 1, 2013 at 4:13 am #378458

Stewart

Yes! Finally someone writes about at home work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply To: What vitamins to take?
Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Comments are closed.