Useful MTHFR Resources along with general websites which you may find life-changing:
- 23andMe: an easy-to-do salivary genetic test which tests 1,000’s of your genes (including MTHFR)
- StrateGene: once you receive your 23andMe results, run your raw data through here to get MTHFR and other clinically relevant genetic polymorphisms graphically illustrated. Also has great support. Dr Lynch developed StrateGene and continues to update it.
- Seeking Health Educational Institute (SHEI): provides numerous free educational videos and conference recordings to further educate both health professional and the public.
- Infrared Sauna: best way to eliminate toxins – in the comfort of your own home.
- Eat Wild: obtain ‘real’ food
Recommended Lifestyle Products to Obtain:
- Infrared Sauna: HighTech Health has a very pure line of infrared saunas. Dr Lynch personally uses the ThermalLife 3 person sauna. Save $500 when stating you were referred by Dr Ben Lynch.
- Water Ionizer and Purifier: used by Dr Lynch for over 12 years. Effective water purifier. Save $300 when stating you were referred by Dr Ben Lynch.
- SaltWorks: great place to get Epsom Salt – and other quality salt
- Squatty Potty: eliminating stool on a daily basis is extremely important – ideally two to three times daily. The Squatty Potty helps facilitate this.
- Eat Wild: a resource on where to access and purchase wild meats, eggs, dairy, berries!
- MilkShare: database of where to obtain breast milk or donate your extra supply
- Love and Logic: provides simple and practical techniques to help parents with kids of all ages:
- Raise responsible kids
- Have more fun in their role
- Easily and immediately (first use) change their children’s behavior
- Reading List: suggested books and DVD’s to further your health education from Dr Lynch
- Seeking Health: Dr Lynch’s line of health products all with methylfolate and other active forms of nutrients. No folic acid in any formulation.
- Find a Doctor: list of medical associations and physicians who work with MTHFR
- SHEI: additional educational information presented by Dr Ben Lynch
- Genetics Home Reference on MTHFR
- GreenMedInfo: a natural medicines database operated by Sayer Ji
- Molecular Biology of MTHFR
- Folate: all you wanted to know about folate.
- Biopterin: discusses the need and uses of biopterin
- American BioDental: affordable and quality biological dentistry to safely remove mercury amalgams and toxic root canals
- SIBO: Information about SIBO – which may be playing a role in worsening of symptoms of MTHFR
- Methylation Nutrigenomics
- ScoreCard: see who are your local big polluters and which chemicals are emitted in your area.
- National Vaccination Information Center
- Vaccine Ingredients
- NutritionData: outstanding way to identify which foods contain high or low amounts of a particular nutrient
- Linus Pauling Institute: learn about various vitamins and minerals from one of the world’s former leading scientist
- Handouts on Low Sulfur, Oxalate and Elimination Diet: from a colleague of mine, Dr Eric Yarnell
- Dirty Dozen and Clean Dozen: identify which fruits and veggies you must buy organic – and those you don’t.
- Environmental Working Group: amazing resource for improving our environmental health
Presentations and Lectures
- MTHFR and Methylation Defects: Improving Patient Outcomes by Benjamin Lynch, ND
- Folate Metabolism by Benjamin Lynch, ND
- The New Biology by Bruce Lipton, PhD
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Infertility and Related Tests by MILab
- MTHFR Test by Spectracell
- Quest Blood Draw Centers: locate a blood draw center by your home
- LabCorp Blood Draw Centers: locate a blood draw center by your home
- 23andMe: saliva DNA genetic testing – a critical one to do in my opinion